On June 17, 2017, Miss Panoramaland JessiKate Riley was crowned Miss Utah 2017 at Capitol Theatre in Salt Lake City and awarded a $10,000 scholarship.
Over the next year, JessiKate will travel several thousand miles each month performing, speaking to audiences about her platform, “Find ValYOU Within,” and serving as a state ambassador for the Children’s Miracle Network. JessiKate will also compete in The Miss America Pageant on Sunday, Sept. 10, 2017, in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
JessiKate is a Senior at Brigham Young Universty majoring in violin performance and plans on becoming a studio recording artist. She played “Praeludium and Allegro” by Kreisler, which she arranged herself. During the third night of preliminary competition, she received the preliminary talent award and a $200 scholarship. During the announcement of special awards on the final evening, she received the Glenn Harmon Instrumental Music Award and a $500 scholarship. Along with the title of Miss Utah 2017 and a $10,000 scholarship to the school of her choice, Murdock Hyundai gave her a brand new car to drive throughout her year.
In 2014, she was crowned Miss Utah’s Outstanding Teen (MUOT), which is the little sister program to the Miss America Organization. Growing up in Beaver, Utah, JessiKate held the title of Southern Utah’s Outstanding Teen and continued her journey from there. She is the first MUOT to also win the title of Miss Utah.
Miss Utah 2017 Royalty
- First Runner-up: Miss Greater Salt Lake, Jesse Craig, received a $4,000 scholarship, as well as a preliminary swimsuit award ($200 scholarship) and the Miss America Academic Scholarship ($1,000).
- Second Runner-up: Miss Springville/Mapleton, Alexa Knutzen, received a $3,000 scholarship, as well as a $1,000 scholarship and $1,000 donation to the charity of her choice from Utah Valley University for the UVU Leadership Award.
- Third Runner-up: Miss Provo, Madison Monson, received a $2,000 scholarship, as well as a preliminary swimsuit award and a $200 scholarship earlier in the week.
- Fourth Runner-up: Miss Riverton, Whitney Gillman received a $1,000 scholarship.
The additional seven semi-finalists rounding out the top twelve and each earning a $500 scholarship included: Alexandra Burrola, Miss USU Eastern (People’s Choice); Brynn Christensen,Miss Timpanogos; Lizzy Palmatier, Miss Nebo; Madison Tormey, Miss Utah County; Meganne Ferrel, Miss South Jordan; Navy Humphreys, Miss North Ogden; Shakelle Valdez, Miss Pioneer Valley.
Additional Scholarship Awards
- Spirit of Miss Utah: Miss Sandy, Katie Ann Powell ($200 Scholarship)
- Miracle Maker Award: Miss Eastern Utah, Lindsey Lloyd ($250 scholarship)
- Miss UVU Leadership Scholarship Award: Miss Springville/Mapleton, Alexa Knutzen ($1,000 scholarship and $1,000 donation to the charity of her choice)
- Glenn Harman Instrumental Music Awards:
- Miss Nebo, Lizzy Palmatier ($500 scholarship)
- Miss Panoramaland, JessiKate Riley ($500 scholarship)
- The Miss America Academic Award: Miss Greater Salt Lake, Jesse Craig ($1,000 scholarship)
- The Miss America Community Service Award: Miss Nebo, Lizzy Palmatier ($1,000 scholarship)
Please note that this list only represents the awards given during the final night of competition. For details on other special awards given throughout the week, read about the preliminary competition results.
- To book Miss Utah 2017: Leean Gray, email@example.com
- Press Inquiries: Whitney Thomas. firstname.lastname@example.org